a way to mod insyde bios which can't be opened with ezh2o

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by oho77, Aug 3, 2009.

1. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
  2. winmagic1

winmagic1 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks for your reply, could you please explain step-by-step how to do that?? also please take a look at this screenshot... I'm confussed, why is it showing DELL instead of Lenovo or Acer...

3. winmagic1

winmagic1 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Acer Travelmate 4730

After freshly installing Win7 I get this (see screenshot) in SLIC dump, I have also included pic of Mod Bios used from oho77 site. Now, can some some please help me step-by-step to Activate Win7.... Thanks

4. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    1) You need admin permission to run SLIC DUMP (Right Click "Run as Admin)
    2) Did you flash the BIOS correctly?

5. tids2k

tids2k MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    mate. is it possible yet to change other settings for the hp insyde bios. i want to install mac os x on my hp dv5. but inorder to do so i have to change some settings in bios. for example the dsdt fix and the ahci option ?

6. winmagic1

winmagic1 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Yes, I run SLIC Dump as admin. I downloaded bios from oho77 site and insert it in to extracted exe bios from Acer site and run it. Is there a different way to update bios? or do I have to update different bios??

7. ermax

ermax MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2008
    Ok so I open my bios in EzH2O and then run WinHex/Tools/Open RAM/EzH2O/Primary Memory but it dosn't mater what I search for I am unable to find it. I must be missing something. I am running WinHex 15.4 SR2 on Win7.

8. kristin

kristin MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Edited by Alfa :)

9. tids2k

tids2k MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    mate. is it possible yet to change other settings for the hp insyde bios. i want to install mac os x on my hp dv5. but inorder to do so i have to change some settings in bios. for example the dsdt fix and the ahci option ?

10. juzio

juzio MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Acer Aspire One AOD250 Netbook

hi
    I flushed my Acer Aspire One AOD250 Netbook with modded SLIC 2.1 bios, but SLIC version did not change.
    Can any one help me with these.

11. oho77

oho77 MDL Junior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    successful,i have moded Acer Aspire One AOD250 .to download at oho77.ys168.com

name:modKAV60.rar
    version:1.06
    password:acerreadme

also pm or email me
    email: oho77@bios.net.cn

12. ygor.almeida

ygor.almeida MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Well well well

But is it possible too, to find the WhiteList of those HP bios ? I mean ...

In my case DV5-1250us with the latest hack, i´m able to active with the latest mod my windows 7 copy, but i do want to remove the s h i t whitelist to wifi cards and so on ...

That´s because when i try to run MacOS, my wifi card AR5009 does not have a proper driver it, so i tryed to exchange with an Broadcom the same as in airport extreme, but notebook gives 104 error, so i would like to remove the whitelist of hardware, and change the wifi card from HP Brand to Open Market one.

can this be possible with this kind of mod ?