A beloved member EFA11 has unexpectedly and suddenly passed away.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Get over yourself bud, trying to stir up a sh*t storm for no reason

If you have a problem, PM staff about it

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @riahc2: I'm pretty sure that Staff has locked out EFA11's account, so I wouldn't worry too much about anyone else using it.

As far as this thread goes, it should stay open for as long as MDL lives. EFA11 touched so many lives with his kindness. To total strangers as well.

His loved ones should be able to see that and know how loved he was.

Peace.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I noticed about the login last December.
    We never log in any members' account nor do we know passwords from members.
    We also do not close accounts without reason.

What we do is reset passwords if needed. EFA'11s account has been untouched since then. Whoever has logged in does know his password.
    So we assume it must be good friends or even relatives. There is no sign of abuse.

There is no reason to close his account. We cannot censor his private PMs and the like by closing it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #144 Nucleus, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Didn't see @riahc3's whining posts as he's been on my ignore list for ages. With the new forum software you don't see ignored users posts at all, the old one used to just hide their posts.

Anyway, regulars may wish to note this is the self same @riahc3 who was temporarily banned for repeatedly slagging off one of MDL's most respected members - abbodi. Because he (@riahc3) was unaware of how the development of KMS emulators evolved at MDL, and how abbodi and others first made scripts for KMS activation etc. So because he used a different KMS solution, he decided to start calling abbodi a talentless clown, a rip off merchant, copying others work etc. At that time I and others tried to explain to him how the KMS stuff evolved but he continued relentlessly ripping abbodi until mods temp banned him for it.

When banning him the mods comment was along the lines of "I've had enough of this clown - banned."

I temp removed him from ignore so I could read his posts here, seems he has the same attitude all around. Back on ignore he goes, hopefully other MDL regulars will heed the lesson and learn not to help such a fool.

Strange what different ppl see as acceptable/unacceptable on a forum huh!

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Good you refreshed my quite volatile memory bro.
    Added to my "despicable" list
    hehe

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Yes bud, I recall you being involved at the time too, trying to explain to him.

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    First time I'd read his posts and instantly knew he was for the iggy list lol

8. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #148 Nucleus, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    @ staff - His (riahc3) F Bombs show up now there is no swear filter. Post

Fools don't read rules.

Edit: Swear filter has been applied since I posted. :good3:

9. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So sad.His place will remain in my heart.Goodbye my friend.Some day you'll know what you meant to me.

10. stiaan

stiaan MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2017
    I have just signed up. I am 74 years old. What I have learned from the comments here is that EFA11 was a very special person! I am sorry I have missed getting a chance to meet him.
    I have also learned of the compassionate nature of the members here. I think I have found a haven!

11. Bin13

Bin13 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2014
    #151 Bin13, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Although only a novice, I have read and benefited from this forum on so many occasions over quite a long period.
    EFA11 has been typical of large core of those who somehow find the time to be warm and generous to those members that come in search of their wisdom.
    Such members mostly seem to be impressed with the patience and benevolence of these core members to the extent that they seem to have have grown in numbers from their seeds.
    Thank you EFA11 for contributing to this trend and thanks also to your family with whom we have shared your precious time.

12. mydigitaldesktop

mydigitaldesktop MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I am baffled by the user that complains about digital life living on in some form in 2017.

The problem is quite the reverse I think. Too much amazing people and thoughts just vanish when people leave IRL in the form of blogs, personal websites etc. There should be a general attempt by society to preserve this and continue the living memory as much as possible, even if it costs a web hosting company a few pennies a month, stop being mean and remember that nobody survives IRL.

I absolutely adore the idea that friends and relatives of EFA11 would sign in every so often if only to jog people's memories.

There have been some people that have built amazing digital bots that are fed with everything they could find from a departed loved one and maybe a day will come when it will be easy for forum admins to set that up as a permanent honor to loved members.

13. BladeGod

BladeGod MDL Member

Oct 28, 2016
  14. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    He seems like a dog with a bone, wont let go until its had its ass kicked!

15. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    RIP - EFA11 (a great soul).

16. linked

linked MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
  17. monmoth *0

monmoth *0 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    I have benefited a lot from these forums, whoever you are, Rest in Peace.

18. shyfit

shyfit MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2017
    There is the Internet Archives. (archive.org/web/) Pretty cool.

19. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    The 1 year Anniversary of EFA11's death is coming up. (Sept. 13)

I was thinking of starting an anniversary thread for EFA11. When it comes, I'll post it in Chit-Chat.

I'm posting this as a reminder to myself to do it. :oops: