Thread: Nintendo Classic. Buy it or not?

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

Default Nintendo Classic. Buy it or not?

Hey

Iím a big Nintendo fan ever since the days of The Game and Watch handhelds way back in the day. I used to love the NES and SNES too. Many hours were wasted on the likes of Super Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart in my formative years. In fact I canít help thinking that I would have been academically a lot more successful if it wasnít for the advent of these systems while I was at college Ė that and discovering girls anyway

So I was pretty excited when I saw that they have released the Nintendo Classic. It seems like a pretty sweet system Ė portable and hassle free and with loads of classic games like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mega Man 2, PAC-MAN, FINAL FANTASY and Metroid. All games that I loved the first time around. I found a good website where I can pick one up - http://www.australia.for-sale.com - but am wondering whether itís worth it. Have the games stood the test of time or am I just looking back at those games through rose-tinted glasses?

Does anyone have the system? Is it a worthwhile purchase or do you think it will just end up gathering dust once the novelty has worn off?

Thanks!
    Last edited by HankMarvin; 01 Dec 2016 at 10:49.

Thanks Information

Depends on how you want your games, legal or illegal. You buy that and your NES games are legal but then there are roms and many many of them.
    Albert Einstein: The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination
    Mark Twain:
    We are always more anxious to be distinguished for a talent which we do not possess, than to be praised for the fifteen which we do possess
    Winnie the Pooh: Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known

Thanks Information

Just buy a gamepad and play them on your PC.

MDL Junior Member
    Thanks Information

I still have the orange gun that goes with that

Thanks Information

Don't buy it this console has several issue. Like the cables are too short (compared to orig. console), the HDMI is lagging (not fixable). And you can't get more roms on it (officially) there are only hacks to get/manipulate the rom.

They meant well with the remake but it's not worth. Emulate or play on orig. console.
    Don't believe the hype!
    44 43 6F 72 65 20 2F 20 4A 4D 59 43
    Скоро сказка сказывается, да не скоро дело делается.

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

It was sold out before I even considered buying it

I probably don't need yet another emulation device, anyway...

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

Do you mean the nintendo switch ? My friend wants it he's waiting until this summer bcuz of plausible bugs

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

I think i wanna buy it too