Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: How much do you know about your drinking water?

Thanks Information

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "What is Enlightenment" in "Political writings" (1784) - the basis of Modernity...

Thanks Information
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his mind, and his heart is an artist.

I'd rather clean latrines in the armies of Heaven, than be a general in the armies of Hell.

MDL Addicted
    Thanks Information

This is strange, I just went on google maps to look at my teen age years stomping and hunting grounds and those maps have been updated.
    The strange part is that in the last maps ( all the way back to the beginning of Google maps ) you could see where the springs were leeching the minerals out of the ground in large bands, which was especially noticeable in the fields.

"Today's" view of the entire area looks a whole lot drier, healthier and there are NO bands, yet the "river" levels seem about the same.
    ( I am referring to about 50 square miles of nothing west of the Elmira, NY area )

Thanks Information

@JFKI: Google probably "doctored" the maps. They do that.

That's why Google maps can't be trusted.

I'd rather clean latrines in the armies of Heaven, than be a general in the armies of Hell.

Thanks Information

R29k posted a link in the chat box about soft drinks and their effects.

A must read

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...s-decline.aspx

Thanks R29k.

Thanks Information

Exclamation

Would you just look at that and weep your heart out:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...olluted-cities

No, nothing to do with us, Gov, say the "independent" scientist, who "understand the industry's woes"....
    "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "What is Enlightenment" in "Political writings" (1784) - the basis of Modernity...

Thanks Information

gawd im glad I live on the sunshine coast

we put our local dam in exactly the right place: up on top of a mountain in a natural hollow with no farms/industry/anything around it - because its up on top of a mountain and seriously inconvenient to build anything up there

so thats where baroon pocket was shoved

seriously you can go up there without any water bottled or otherwise

head out on your boat/jetski*/hyperspace-capable starship^ - or even just flop your deckchair at the waters edge - with a glass in your hand

when you get thirsty just dunk your glass in and drink it on the spot - its that good

edit - further much of the sunny coast is "new" - that is its only been built recently with shiny new water pipes etc - no 60 year old mains pipes, with half a century of crud rust and other horrors in them

* permit required
    ^ breakthrough in the science of space travel required
    Last edited by bear_aussie; 20 Feb 2017 at 23:43.
    Sorry if I seem crabby and contrary - it's because I haven't eaten any tourists today.

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

I take a sample from my well water to a local licensed state certified laboratory once a year. They check & compare my geographical location from their database to others in my area that have been tested and use that as a guide to which of over 100 contaminants they should test for. The more contaminants they include to test for, the higher the co$t. My water is tasteless, odorless, leaves no stains on plumbing and scores above average in the analysis report.
    Some included contaminants tested in my sample - pesticides , lead ,arsenic, radon, uranium coliform bacteria, nitrates, sulphate, sodium, chloride, fluoride, pH, iron, fertilizers ,manganese, total dissolved solids, arsenic, hardness...etc