Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rs1 bugs!!!

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

Default rs1 bugs!!!

1. activated windows spotlight, no pictures changed;
    2. when win+L manually locked screen, cannot login anymore, just reboot(happened occasionally);
    3. installer with uac enabled, cannot load, just click second time;

Thanks Information

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

nerdgeek I would start with
    Code:
    sfc /scannow

MDL Guru
    Thanks Information

I would install windows again - clean install.

Sometimes in the first install of new OS (even new rtm build is new OS) there are weird bugs.

Thanks Information

Has there ever been a Microsoft product that was without bugs?

I just finished my totally awesome count of six upgrades using the anniversary update and all went very smoothly. Aside from not being able to bypass the lock screen, yet, it's proven itself to just be another aggravating OS like all the rest. Privacy setting were reset to Microsoft's default in many cases, but I was expecting that.

Lots of new things to have to consider and many old things are in new locations. In short ... business as usual in the upgrade business.

Thanks Information

They’ll rarely change what needed changing, they prefer to change what was good to start with.

Actually, there haven’t been any changes to my privacy settings, but I only used the on-board facilities for doing them. So I guess, and its only a guess, that those who experienced resetting of their changes used registry hacks and third party tools for carrying them out, and probably implementing more than what’s doable by Settings/Control Panel alone.

Thanks Information

It was easy to see what was changed since I turned EVERYTHING off that was related to privacy, sharing, connecting and etc. My philosophy is turn it off until you need it. Apparently Microsoft knows more about what I need than I do.

MDL Expert
    Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by nerdgeek View Post
    1. activated windows spotlight, no pictures changed;
    2. when win+L manually locked screen, cannot login anymore, just reboot(happened occasionally);
    3. installer with uac enabled, cannot load, just click second time;
    The ONLY way the Win 10 Team will see your Bug Reports is if they are reported thru the Feedback Hub.

MDL Addicted
    Thanks Information

Some issues I've experienced so far:

1. Start menu: When you setup an application, like VLC, for example, and the installer creates a shortcut in the Start menu, sometimes it does not work immediately (clicking it has no effect). It works after a reboot.
    2. Edge: Sometimes "Close all tabs" on exit does not work. The dialog just disappears and Edge keeps running.

Apart from that, it runs pretty stable. I just had to realize again what a hell lot of work it is to configure the Windows 10 image the way I want. Their release cadence is too fast IMO. Once a year would be enough.

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by sevenacids View Post
    ...it runs pretty stable. I just had to realize again what a hell lot of work it is to configure the Windows 10 image the way I want. Their release cadence is too fast IMO. Once a year would be enough.
    I agree, other than having to run through the settings (took maybe ten minutes tops on each machine) all the upgrades I've done have gone very smoothly. "Anniversary" updates are by definition an annual thing and I agree with you there too ... one a year is enough. Unless there are severe security or stability issues. Somehow though, with Microsoft's new policy on pushing updates, I tend to believe they're less concerned with user satisfaction. But then they do listen you know.