Page 1 of 42 1234 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Make a Windows 10 "Super LTSB" ISO

Thanks Information

Default How to: Make a Windows 10 "Super LTSB" ISO

As we know Windows 10 LTSB is the best Windows 10 available, But since its not getting the great improvements the 1511 version has we'll have to make our own and in the end it is actually better then the original LTSB version.

Requirements:

-- Windows 10 Enterprise N ISO (version 1511)

http s://cloud.mail.ru/public/AwAA/N9RXzm6eU/

-- MSMG Toolkit

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...2-MSMG-ToolKit

-- 10 min. of your time

Benefits:

-- No Metro Apps, No Store App or Component, No OneDrive, No Cortona, No Edge, No Telemetry, No Windows Defender

Procedure:

1. Download and Extract the MSMG Toolkit to a folder.

2. Download the Windows 10 Enterprise N ISO and extract it to the DVD folder of where you extracted the MSMG Toolkit.

3. Right click the MSMG Toolkit's .cmd file and run it as Administrator, Mount the Source by pressing number 1, then 1 once more.

4. Now go to Remove "Press number 4" then choose Remove Metro Apps "Press number 1", Now choose Remove All Metro Apps "Press number 3".

5. Go to Remove "Press number 4" then choose Remove all Metro Apps Associations "Press number 2".

6. Go to Remove "Press number 4" then choose Remove Components "Press number 3", Now choose the option Remove ALL Components.

7. Now Choose "Apply Source" from the menu, this will save all the changes that we made.

8. And lastly choose "Apply Target" from the menu, Choose Make ISO at the top. Once the ISO has been created it will appear in the ISO folder.

9. Enjoy

Note: The above procedure will also work for Enterprise, Pro, and Pro VL versions. I'm using the Enterprise N version because it doesn't contain the Twitter, CandyCrush Metro Apps like the regular version has which you cannot remove with MSMG since it downloads it after the OS has been installed. It also doesn't contain Windows Media Player or the Messenger Metro App. If you use Internet Explorer with Flash Disabled you'll need to use the regular Enterprise version since HTML5 video playback wont be available in the N version.
    Last edited by damianfox; 03 Jan 2016 at 04:25.
    ASRock X99 Taichi
    Intel i7-6800K
    G.SKILL 4x4GB DDR4-2400
    Samsung SM961 128GB
    ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB

---------------------------------------
    "Humans aren't the only species on Earth, We just act like it..."

MDL Novice
    Thanks Information

Hi I've followed the instructions but when i try to mount the Source the command prompt closes??

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by damianfox View Post
    As we know Windows 10 LTSB is the best Windows 10 available.
    I tried it once. It was like going to Wally World, and finding it closed. It has nothing. No apps, no Edge, no updates, NO FUN.

MDL Junior Member
    Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by dhjohns View Post
    I tried it once. It was like going to Wally World, and finding it closed. It has nothing. No apps, no Edge, no updates, NO FUN.
    If I wanted FUN I'd get a puppy.

Thanks Information

The only people who like LTSB are corporate admins who by the way are running pro on their own workstations.

Thanks Information

The post title states "LTSB" but the proceedings state: "download the enterprise N iso" and "remove metro apps".

The real LTSB doesn't have any metro apps at all and still is on TH1.

Apllying this on a regular Enterprise N version doesn't create a LTSB just a "lited" Enterprise N

Thanks Information

Nice guide. I will try it

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by Gharlane00 View Post
    The only people who like LTSB are corporate admins who by the way are running pro on their own workstations.
    im not an admin and i like LTSB pretty much. only thing missing from the new update are the colored titelbars. everything else idgaf about.
    windows 10 will not get any better then LTSB

Banned
    Thanks Information

Replace "admins" with "adults" and your sentence will start to make some sense.

Thanks Information

Not a corporate Admin, and I run LTSB, easily the best version of 10

If I wanted crApps, I'd use my tablet or phone, the devices they are designed for.

If PCs were designed for children only, then a child OS would be welcome, they are not, and crApps are not welcome