Welcome everyone to the new loader sub-forum
The things you need to know
- You should read the common questions and answers thread first.
- You should use the search function as your question might have already been answered.
- If you've got a problem that you can't solve on your own then post an MGADiag report.
- All off-topic posts risk deletion. So for example we don't want to know how awesome your computer is or what car you drive.
How to post an MGADiag report
MGADiag reports can help us to determine what your problem is when using the Windows Loader (other cracks might be installed, invalid SLIC table etc). Below are the steps required to providing us with a report and correctly posting it as a reply in this thread.
- Download Microsoft's MGADiag Tool
- Run the MGADiag tool and click the continue button
- Wait for the progress wheel to finish loading with your system information
- Click the copy button
- Click the "#" button when replying to this thread and paste your MGADiag report in between the two [CODE] tags and then submit your reply
I was going to reply to the last post from etherealbyte yesterday about the loader working with his P67 chipset assuming it had UEFI, and he's saying it worked?
Can we still ask questions to other posters in this new sub forum or will we have to PM each other instead?
Your question is about the loader working on certain hardware so of course that's allowed We're simply trying to cut back on the random off topic posts that don't have anything to do with the loader or hardware which the loader can run on.
If I had to take a guess at your question though I'd say it's because he's running it in hybrid mode
Daz, has it been officially confirmed that previous problems in iMacs with 2Tb disks are now solved, or is that just an educated guess?
The new loader is supposed to be able to understand GPT disks but I don't think it yet understands HFS. My hope is that since it can now understand GPT that it can see the Windows partition towards the end of the drive but that's yet to be confirmed.
The previous Windows 7 loader has been archived. It is now split into 2 threads now. One is loader support & chat and the other is Windows loader current released info? Is that all?
Congratulations on getting your own sub-forum, Daz. This will make things much better for everyone.
The plan is that with this thread people with issues should post an MGADiag report if they can't activate their systems and with the Q&A thread I'm going to be putting pictures and information showing what to do when you're having problems. So this basically makes all of the information much easier to locate and it's easier for me to maintain
thank you DAZ for this wonderful software,