Page 1 of 58 1234 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: [UNSUPPORTED] Open 7 act*vator by Nononsence [revised by HotCarl] ;-)

Thanks Information

Smile [UNSUPPORTED] Open 7 act*vator by Nononsence [revised by HotCarl] ;-)

You need to login to view this posts content.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HotCarl; 23 Jan 2010 at 03:13.

Thanks Information

Looks really nice Carl. I think having the bootmgr option may cause you allot of tech support headaches though.

I didn't test any of it, just grading the interface which is very nice.

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
    Looks really nice Carl. I think having the bootmgr option may cause you allot of tech support headaches though.

I didn't test any of it, just grading the interface which is very nice.

Yeah, probably. I included something about that in the help documentation, so hopefully people will read it, and use the "Insert SLIC into bootmgr" option very carefully, and only if they are willing to reinstall Windows if it does not work. (...or if they are handy with the recovery console, they can simply replace the bootmgr file that was modified with the backup that was generated during install called "bootmgr.orig". That is the way you would have to manually fix it in *any* loader that uses the current "bootmgr method"...that's why its risky...)

Maybe I should put a popup warning with just an Ok button, just to warn people who dont read the documentation...

EDIT: ehh, it would probably be easier just to remove it I guess... I just wanted to keep as many options open to the user as possible.
    Last edited by Alphawaves; 01 Nov 2009 at 07:12.

Thanks Information

A huuuuge thanks to Alfa for allowing this tool exceptionally

The documentation is great, keep up the good work HotCarl

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by Opa View Post
    A huuuuge thanks to Alfa for allowing this tool exceptionally

The documentation is great, keep up the good work HotCarl

Thanks Opa (and alfawaves of course)!!!

Here is where I will put the updates to this tool as I strive to make it as user friendly and "fool-proof" as possible. I will also answer any questions anyone may have, and provide assistance if anyone has any troubles. I am also open to any and all suggestions, so feel free to send some my way.

It is my hope that this tool can help people. Thanks to everyone, and thanks again to Nononsence for the original source and concept. I am not trying to make a better loader than anyone, nor am I trying to compete with anyone. I don't want any fame, and I don't want any rep. The only reason I released this tool is because I think it has the potential to help some people (with the full illustrated help documentation), and for an alternative should someone be having a hard time getting activated, or if someone is having difficulty grasping the concepts behind activation and would like to feel more confident going into it...
    Last edited by Alphawaves; 08 Nov 2009 at 00:07.

Thanks Information

well i just tried this and the restart dialog is stuck behind the main window

maybe tell the restart dialog to be topmost?
    Last edited by PAYMYRENT; 07 Nov 2009 at 18:37.

Thanks Information

Default who care's orbit 30 ?

oops wrong post ... tnks ...
    Last edited by _office_; 01 Nov 2009 at 17:17.

Thanks Information

Fixed.
    Forgot to set that form to always be on top...small oversight. Thanks for the heads up PAYMYRENT

Thanks Information

I have a small suggestion

The checkbox on the bottom right is confusing, we don't know what it does without reading the documentation. Maybe you should add a small description like "Always on top"?

Thanks Information

Quote Originally Posted by Opa View Post
    I have a small suggestion

The checkbox on the bottom right is confusing, we don't know what it does without reading the documentation. Maybe you should add a small description like "Always on top"?

That is a good idea, and an oversight of mine of sorts. If you hover over the checkbox for a second, the tool-tip says exactly what it does. I have not added a label to it because it is not a "feature" per-se, and normally the user has no reason to un-check it. I just have it there in case the "always on top" interferes with any other windows...
    I can see how it could be confusing though. I am planning on tweaking the user interface a little when I finalize some other features that I am implementing, so when I do that I will move things around and probably label that check box.
    I want to reorganize the interface a little so it is more intuitive for the user, without just presenting them with a ton of options for different things on one form (an example of what not to do would be Napalum's loader...).

Thank you for the reminder Opa, I will get on top of that (and finish implementing a few other features) as soon as I have the free time.
    Last edited by HotCarl; 02 Nov 2009 at 16:32.