Windows 8 Build 7955 and Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nsjcn, Apr 30, 2011.

1. nsjcn

nsjcn MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    Has anyone been able to hear sounds form like youtube vids using chrome? I tested it on my pc
    and a friends and no luck. IE9 works fin for sound in flash but not on chrome... what changed from 7850?

If there is solution please let me in on it thx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TFN

TFN MDL Member

Apr 27, 2011
    o_O same problem

3. helper7

helper7 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011

write this in chrome :

about: plugins , then disable Chrome built in flash player, then download flash player from adobe site and then it will work :)

4. nsjcn

nsjcn MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    #4 nsjcn, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    (OP)
    Thank you very much.... but its... about:plugins with no space... stupid smiley :) :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    ^Well, of course. You've figured that out! ;D

6. helper7

helper7 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011
    No I didn't .I've saw in other thread about 1 week ago....So now I am trying to help the others! ;D

7. golephish

golephish MDL Member

Apr 26, 2011
    that was my same problem. I believe from another post. Thought it was just me. But yea. about:plugins. disable the flash. then download and install the ie one and the one for other browsers.

8. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Well, now I see, why there was a space... :p

9. stefan.pc.wizard

stefan.pc.wizard MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    Another way..... don't bash me xD is use SRWare Iron built from the chromium source but they take some code out and make it use less resources. Operates exactly the same way just a bit faster ^^ and different name ofc with that flash works without any problems ^^

Resorted to this cause all flash player fixes didn't help on chrome. And this has now become my favorite browser xD

10. Dkenpachi

Dkenpachi MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    ive tried but now it says i have to update to the lastest even when i have disabled and downloaded both flash players what am i missing here?

11. marsrogers

marsrogers MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Use Chromium and everything is fine~~~
    To solve this I've tried stable version, beta, dev, canary version...And finally it is the Chromium^_^
    build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp
    This link is for windows, choose the closest date version and download the mini installer, run that~~~

12. NCS

NCS MDL Member

Jun 24, 2010
    U have to install flash player for other browsers..U will find it at adobe.com..also in the browser options goto under the hood and scroll down where it says disable options then at the top left U will see flash player..click on disable and close...now U will have sound.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009