Can anybody shed some light on this please whether it's true or not

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chou56, Mar 20, 2010.

1. chou56

chou56 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2010
    I read on another site that windows 7 has another phone home call when it's doing an update, but this one only runs when an update was installing after the download of the update and before the end of the update install. The guy said that what scared him was it didn't just send information of the current O/S, but it also sent out information of all apps on your system & all of the usernames & passwords. Plus part of the code indicates that after arriving there it gets redirected to an unknown third party address. This means that every time the system has rebooted during an update it sent out all your private data - even if you didn't store passwords it also sent out the contents of the cache so unless you specifically cleaned that out it would have still had your info.

This sounds really scary if it is true.

Could you guys try to see if this is real?

Thanks

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I dont know what to say besides.. BULLs**t

3. NOS911

NOS911 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2009
    I very much doubt that is true as they cannot access your private data without your permission as that is against the law and would result in MS being dragged through the legal system and sued for millions and shut down.

Im guessing the person who posted the info you have read was just trying to scare people with nonsene.

4. chou56

chou56 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2010
    I hope so guys...

5. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    This is really stupid,as NOS said the poster might be trying to scare people....

6. 0ldBear

0ldBear MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    +1
    cheers,
    0B

7. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    It is highly unlikely Microsoft would download information of personal or financial nature from private computers. As NOS911 stated, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW. If anything, MS has gone out of their way not offend computer users when the they made their WAT update optional.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    "convient", im sitting here with a coca cola bottle so cheers:p

Yea what makes you think they would steal personal info like that ? its against the law...
    Dont come here lying or trying to scare other members....

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I actually only hang out here since the helpfulness and expertise is amazing regarding computers. I'm not in the mood to feel scared for sharing whatever I share. :)

Maybe some other time...lol:cool: